Real estate, project development, leases, and private construction law.
Roeland’ s practice is commercial real estate specializing in transactions, project development, the lease of commercial property, and private construction law. He has wide experience in negotiating acquisitions and purchase agreements, (re)development, contract drafting ,such as leases, purchase contracts, collaboration and realization agreements (agreements of intent, anterior exploitation contracts, construction contracts).
He represents a diverse range of clients that includes investors, retailers (chain stores), management companies, developers, contractors, landlords, and tenants.
Roeland studied Dutch law at the University of Amsterdam and was admitted to the Dutch bar in 2006.
• Representing an international home department store in its purchase of locations for the development and realization of new branches, and drafting and negotiating of the relevant contracts (purchase contracts, anterior exploitation contracts).
• Advising a large home department store in the purchase of land for the construction of a storage and collection depot and drafting and negotiating the required integrated construction contract.
• Representing a retailer in a real-estate transaction by means of a phased acquisition of a real estate company and drafting and negotiating the share purchase contract.
• Advising a professional investor on the lease of various hospitality and other commercial premises and drafting the required leases.
• Negotiating on behalf of an investor with lessees on the termination of a lease due to an intended redevelopment of the leased premises by the investor.
• Drawing up a standard construction contract, the administrative specifications, and a standard coordination contract.